Internal Audit Policy
The Ministry of Finance is responsible for the coordination of internal audit and joint planning of internal audit long-term development.
The Internal Audit Department of the Ministry of Finance performs the following tasks:
- to develop internal audit policy for the public administration and to supervise implementation thereof;
- to develop internal audit laws and regulations and methodological guidelines;
- conducts an evaluation of the work of internal audit units;
- to submit to the Cabinet of Ministers and the State Audit Office the annual report on the work of internal audit units, including the opinion on the internal control system;
- to provide institutions with advisory assistance in the field of internal audit;
- to coordinate training of internal auditors and development of professional qualifications;
- to oversee the internal auditor certification system.